Did you know that one of the most used strategies in inbound marketing is that of content creation? But it's not about publishing for publishing's sake, but about sharing relevant and valuable content that attracts visitors, attracts the attention of users and at the same time is useful for the target audience. The goal is to encourage these people who read us to become future customers and in inbound marketing, content is the "bait" to attract them to us and make them interested in our brand.
As we already told you, content creation is a crucial part of any inbound marketing strategy today since it is what will attract potential customers to our website and thus encourage them to consume our products and/or services.
So, we can name some keys for this content to be successful:
1. It must add value to the user. Content that focuses solely on talking about the benefits of a brand and the company does not add any value. No one is interested in reading about it, or rather, no one on the internet is doing any research on it. To know what kind of content is valuable you have to think about your audience and what kinds of things they are interested in.
2. There must be an SEO optimization. To do this, you must determine the keyword to use as the focus of the content and how it will adapt to that topic.
3. Adaptation to the sales funnel. Additionally, the content must be adapted to the different stages of the sales funnel. The first contact will help people to solve their doubts, then you can offer them more help with guides, testimonials, among others.
4. Aligned with branding. It is not about focusing on sales of products and services but about maintaining consistency with the brand, its voice, image and values.
5. Regularity. It is not at all effective to publish an article on a website once a year or once in a while if there is time. The ideal is to create a publication calendar that allows you to create a constant flow of visits and keep people interested in the long term.
For your content strategy as part of inbound marketing to be successful, you must start with good planning. That is, you have to determine what the business objectives are and create texts according to them. Blindly releasing content doesn't usually work very well.
Then you must produce that content according to the previously prepared plan. In addition, the ideal is that these articles are optimized for SEO. Following that is the distribution phase in which you will seek to spread that article you wrote by various means. All this effort is useless if in the end no one is going to read your posts. You can support yourself with social networks, newsletter and more.
Finally, there is the analysis phase where you will check if the strategy you are implementing is giving the expected results. The ideal is to have key metrics and KPIs that tell us if things are working well or not.
There are different types of content that you can create and ideally you want to vary it so that your audience receives different things to consume.
Clearly the growth has been triggered by the pandemic, which has forced new online shopping habits on people who previously avoided this method. Entrepreneurs have seen an opportunity in this and have been motivated to create new companies, brands with original ideas, despite the difficult situation in which the world is involved.
Many people mistakenly think that content marketing and inbound marketing are synonymous, but this is not the case.
The first consists of the art of creating, publishing and sharing content that has the objective of attracting, converting and retaining customers.
On the other hand, inbound marketing is about making the user find you. In other words, unlike traditional marketing, or outbound marketing, there is no intrusion into people's lives, but they come to you.
Content strategies can be part of inbound marketing, but as we already explained, it is not the same.
If you want support in creating content for your brand, contact us today. We are ready to support you!